Friday, September 5, 2008

Drawing Experimentation


For Illustration class, we are required to make a narrative composition consisting of three objects: a place, object and animal. These were chosen randomly from a bag on the first day of class. My three words were Forest, Blender and Centipede. While coming up with ideas for how I would render my illustration, I accidentally stumbled upon an interesting technique....I began drawing with my Microns and coloring the shapes I made with Coptic Marker to find that my colors were running through to the next page...so I just went with it, drawing from the "mistakes" which would follow onto the next page and abstracting shapes which turned into other objects. I tried to tie in these shapes with each of my objects (blender, forest/tree, and centipede). Sort of interesting what has started to come of it all...

No comments: