Monday, November 3, 2008

Out of Comission....

Getting back up-to-date, I had a little bit of time where I felt like researching some wines and I'm pretty set on Germany's most highly exported wine, Black Tower. My second choice was 'Per Me Sola' Rossa Toscana...I really can't stand the design, and I've got to be honest-when I first saw it, I thought nothing more than, 'wow, so I drink this whole bottle and end up waking up next to that lonely gargantuan woman featured on the bottle...I do realize that I'm just one man and that other people of different genders/sexualities might interpret it in different ways, but I just plain don't like it...


So...here it is: BLACK TOWER (I'm focusing particularly on their Riesling and Rivaner wine types..the Rivaner is a white wine but appears to be dark due to the opaque, black glass which is used to contain the wine, however-the Riesling is packaged in a clear, transparent bottle...I guess I'd probably like to make the brand's wine bottles more consistent with each other)

Black Tower Riesling:


Black Tower Rivaner:



Other Images:






SOoooooo.............
It's not that I think it's a particularly unattractive design, I just think that the name of the wine lends itself to some very interesting sculptural/packaging/graphic ideas ESPECIALLY in regards to packaging. Plus, I traveled extensively around Germany last year, visiting many wineries and midieval towns, taking pictures of many towers which could be used as inspiration for my design. I feel like I have the sufficient knowledge and experience as well as resources to draw from to spice up this brand in an appropriate and interesting way! I have some ideas sketched out which I will post as soon as I scan them later today.

What do you think Aboot that?

No comments: