Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer Sketching

To start things out, thought I'd throw up some of the sketch work I did while I traveled around all summer. Enjoi!
These are done free-handedly using either Micron or Staedtler pens. What I've noticed about ink pens lately...the Microns tend to produce a darker/more saturated black than do Staedtler. However, the type on the side of Microns (which tells the tip size) tends to ware away very quickly, and if you're like me and have eight different sizes...it can be quite annoying.


These first three are scenes I encountered in Nova Scotia, which is, as many people don't seem to know, a province of Canada that juts out from the North-Eastern coastline.










The rest are some goofy and some serious sketches done in different places for a variety of different reasons.











No comments: