Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Self-Portrait


This is a rough, rough draft of what I'm going for at this point. The whole concept behind the piece is that I "let my hand do the talking" when it comes to my design process...basically, I achieve my ideas through strenuous sketching and enjoy producing hand-drawn illustrations/design most. Not too sure about the Micron/Ruler addition to the piece, thought it might be interesting to make the entire design appear as if it were done by hand and my actual drawing utensils lying across it somewhat. That being said, I believe something needs to be done with the background to achieve this effect, but I'm not quite sure what yet. The text in the word bubble will be hand-rendered, although the topics (Latin name, description, habitat, etc.) will be displayed in the form of a particular typeface (Garamond, Helvetica, etc.). And lastly, I think I need to lighten up my face a bit to fit better with the arm and because apparently (according to Mario) I look as thought I've just come out from working many years in a coal mine :)

No comments: