Monday, December 8, 2008

Final Wine

Here are a couple of photographs I took up at Farren's studio.






Here's a segment on how I created the interior suede lining in my package design.
1. Glue medium weight paper (Measured to fit snuggly inside the cylinder) to suede
2. Cut and wrap around suede around the edges of paper as you would when making a cover wrap for a photo-album style book cover (don't really feel like going into details on how to do it. Sure you could find it online)
3. Load a pile of heavy books over the top while it dries...maybe one heavy book would do, but I've got obsessive-compulsive disorder so I use about 10.
4. Apply an unspecified amount of glue into the tube and carefully wrap suede lining around the edges. Hold into place until drying occurs.
5. Give yourself a pat on the back..or, if you're like me, this is when you think, "Okay, now I deserve to go smoke a cigarette"




The Final Product/Thoughts



So I'm not particularly happy with this layout/photograph or even the fact that I used the suede for the backdrop. I think just plain white would work better. I need to make a lightbox....

After spending a few days doing other things and not thinking about the project-coming back to it, I feel like the white tube of the package design is sort of boring...So I got an idea-what if I carried the cloud idea from the bottle onto the back of the package and had lines descending down from the cloud which turned into the barcode, just like I carried the info text on the back of the bottle out of the cloud...? Right now (I know u can't see it...) but I've got just a plain barcode on the back and the logo on the front....

I'm still tempted to make the tube like the top (Textured and painted black), I was just worried for the purposes of my grade on this project that my transfer wouldn't stick to the tube if I applied a texture. I just seem to be more excited about the top and when it comes to the tube...eh, I need to experiment a bit more before I'll be satisfied.

Any thoughts/suggestions???

No comments: